SLIDER

western cape wine tour

What do you do when you're on the road and your laptop won't start and your hard disc drive breaks and you have no internet? You don't blog very much. Until I return home I have limited access to my files so the images I'm sharing with you are ones I've posted to instagram. I hope they'll give you a taster of what's to come.


When I last wrote I was on my way to the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. I went to the gardens late afternoon so the light through the trees was just beautiful.



The next day I drove to Stellenbosch where I tasted wine at the Thelema Estate Winery



I was the first person to arrive that day so I was given a personal tasting session. I did like some of the wines but couldn't take any home as they wouldn't survive the journey home in my backpack.



I then took a wrong turn arriving here at the spectacular Delaire Graff Estate. I just had to stop and take a picture or two.



Then I took a detour to Babylonstoren for lunch and to walk around the garden. Again I have so many pictures to share with you once I return home.





I then drove onto Robertson for a 2 day stay at the lovely Robertson Small Hotel where I was treated like a princess.




I stayed in the Manor House where my room overlooked the pool and I had my beautiful meals served in the restaurant.




Instead of wine tasting whilst in Robertson I tasted olive oil at the Marbrin Olive Farm





The contrast between the wine farms in Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl were stark. It was as dry as toast in Robertson. Again as I was travelling mid week I was the only person at the olive farm so I enjoyed a personal olive oil tasting with the owner.



Soon it was time to return to Cape Town. I drove back via the spectacular Franschhoek Pass where a pea soup fog descended about 10 kms before I arrived in Franschhoek. I couldn't see a thing!



I'm about to start the long journey back home to Sydney. Once I'm back home I'll chain myself to the computer so I can bring you so much more.

Until then, bye for now

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.