SLIDER

jacaranda season - a sydney wander

It's no secret that I love jacarandas. We have a jacaranda tree in our garden that hasn't bloomed this season, so last weekend I went out in search of trees in full bloom.




I didn't have to go far. I found trees in bloom next door, across the street, in the adjoining suburbs - everywhere it seemed, just not my backyard. I found this tree and this statue in one of my favourite streets in Woollahra.



Some of the most fabulous blooms I found in Paddington near the Victoria Barracks. 



A carpet of blooms outside Victoria Barracks.



How gorgeous does the Fiveways look dressed in lavender?



I walked down through the back lanes of Paddington in search of trees in full bloom and found walls covered in jasmine and decorative figs.



Along the way I found this curious corner, with a hand painted street sign.



Breakfast amongst the jacarandas on a sunny Sunday morning in Paddington. You gotta love Sydney on a day like thise.



I was still on the prowl for the elusive stand alone jacaranda tree without the distraction of parked cars and street signs. In the end I gave up, defeated and shot skywards instead.



I hope you enjoyed my jacaranda stroll through the streets of Woollahra, Paddington and Redfern.

See you all again next week,

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.