SLIDER

farro risotto with caramelised vegetables - le creuset love

I've just been on a quick trip home to Brisbane. I did manage to make a cake while I was home but I haven't had any time to prepare the images. Hopefully I'll get that on the blog in the next week or two. Instead I'm bringing you something I made a few weeks ago.




Have you ever cooked with farro? I bought a packet a month ago to make a side dish and with half a packet leftover, I wanted to find ways to use it. I chose this recipe for barley risotto and used farro instead of the barley.




Farro is a very nutty grain and it will never get really soft no matter how long you cook it, so think of this more as a warm grain salad than a risotto.



You oven roast the vegies and next time I make this, I would change the cooking time a little. The beetroot takes quite a long time to cook, so I'd put that in first adding the carrot and pumpkin about 10 minutes later followed by the onion and garlic.



I used my new Le Creuset pan to cook the farro. You may have noticed this blog isn't sponsored so if I use a product, it's because it's something I bought for myself and really use. This was a birthday gift so I now own two; I use them all the time and love them.



It's a very tasty dish which I served with salmon one night and steak the other. I can't wait to make it again, but as I've used all the farro, this time I'll make it with barley.


See you all again next week with something sweet, but if you can't wait and you're looking for some more of my recipes, my latest Delicious Bites post for passion fruit cupcakes can be found here.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.