SLIDER

beef and chorizo burger with tomato and chilli chutney

I have a confession to make. I don't like beef burgers. Whilst I've eaten a few gourmet burgers, I've only ever eaten one burger from a fast food outlet. I thought it was time to revisit the humble burger because they seem to be very fashionable at the moment. In fact a burger made the front cover of January's Australian Gourmet Traveller magazine.

I decided to try this beef and chorizo burger from Donna Hay magazine. It seemed pretty easy and I had all the ingredients in the house. I've made it once with the featured beetroot relish but I actually prefer it with this tomato and chilli chutney.



Of course, I had to serve the burger with some of my faux chips.



I'm used to making meatballs using egg and breadcrumbs to hold everything together. I was a bit concerned with nothing holding the burger together other than salt, the burger might be dry as a result. The verdict?



I've made these burgers 3 times now and I still don't like beef burgers so I think I'll give up now. I found the meat patty really dry and prefer one of my Dad's home made rissoles in a bread roll! Sorry Donna!

I'm heading to Melbourne for the weekend and I'll be going camera in hand. I'm planning to go shopping when I'm down there and I hope to have some photos to share with you next week.

Bye now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.