SLIDER

shopshoot - brook farm general store

Before I flew to New York last year, I arranged to do a few shopshoots. The third and last in the series was Brook Farm General Store in Williamsburg. Brook Farm General Store is described by it's owners as a modern interpretation of the traditional general stores of New York City. If you’ve ever visited Labour and Wait a gorgeous store I visited in London in 2011, you’ll know exactly what they mean.



Brook Farm General Store is located in Williamsburg and I have to say I found its South 6th Street location a little hard to find. I walked around in circles for a while before eventually admitting defeat and asking for directions in the drug store. Whoever says New Yorkers aren’t helpful are clearly wrong because when I asked for help, I was given very clear directions and 10 minutes later found the shop nestled in a small street just under the Williamsburg Bridge.




I was greeted by Philippa, one of the owners, and she let me snap away to my heart's content. The shop is filled with light, a perfect way to highlight the wares on display.



True to the owners' word, there was a little bit of everything on display in the store. I found goods for the kitchen and items for pets. There were things for the office and things for the home like lights, brushes, enamelware, rugs and throws. 



Brook Farm General Store stocks brands I recognised such as Riess Enamel ware, Falcon ware and Opinel in addition to items from their own in house brand, Tourne. 



Aren't the rubber duckies gorgeous? Of course I had to go home with something, but with so many lovely things in the store, it was hard to make a decision. In the end, a box of Opinel French knives came home with me, tucked carefully into my luggage. If you look carefully, you might spy one of the knives on the blog during the next few weeks.






Next time you’re in Brooklyn, you can find Brook Farm General Store at 75 South 6th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211, United States Phone: (718) 388-8642. If you’re not in town, they have a great online shopping site that you can find here. 

2016 Edit - Brook Farm General Store has moved. They can now be found here

Housefolk
10 Main Street
(in the Parrish Mews, just next to Rowdy Hall)
East Hampton, NY 11937
(631) 604 6088

I'll be back again on Wednesday with some summer food suggestions.

See you all then,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.