SLIDER

pecan baci



As I couldn't bake last weekend, there was nothing tasty to eat in my biscuit tin. With the gas back on, albeit temporarily, the first thing I wanted to do this weekend was bake. I decided to make some hazelnut baci but when I looked through my cupboards on Saturday morning I couldn't find any hazelnut meal, so I wondered how these biscuits would taste if I made them with pecans?



I whizzed up the pecans and sugar in the food processor and voila, I had pecan meal. Of course in the process of tracking down the other ingredients needed, I found the hazelnut meal lurking in a container.



I found a small quantity of milk chocolate whilst searching for the hazelnut meal and decided to use that instead of dark chocolate.



I know pecan is not a traditional ingredient in Italian cooking but these little pecan and chocolate biscuits are delicious, specially served with a cup of tea.

Here's the recipe if you'd like to make them.

Pecan Baci printable recipe
Baci Ingredients
50g plain flour
50g unsalted butter, softened
30g almond meal
30g chopped pecans
25g sugar
½ tsp cocoa
25g good-quality milk chocolate, chopped

Filling
30g milk chocolate, melted

Method

Place the chopped pecans and sugar in a food processor and process until pecan meal is formed. Don't over process or you'll end up with pecan butter! Place remaining baci ingredients in the food processor and pulse until well blended.
Shape into a log, wrap tightly with cling film and rest in the fridge for at least an hour.


Preheat oven to 160ºC/325ºF. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll teaspoons of the mix into small balls working quickly with lightly floured hands, and place on a buttered baking sheet. Place back in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

Remove the tray from the oven and allow the baci to cool for a few minutes before placing on a rack. Once cooled, spoon a little melted chocolate between the flat sides of two baci and gently stick them together. Store in an airtight container and they will last a week. 
Makes 15 filled biscuits

I hope you enjoyed your weekends. See you all again on Wednesday,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.