SLIDER

bircher muesli with oven roasted pear and plum

What do eat for breakfast? Well I'm a creature of habit, and this is what I eat 6 days a week, bircher muesli with oven roasted fruit and yoghurt. Sometimes the fruit is oven roasted strawberry with rhubarb, whilst at other times it's Brigitte Hafner's oven roasted plum with pear. The yoghurt doesn't vary though, it's very yummy organic raspberry yoghurt. What do I have on the 7th day? I treat myself to an eggy breakfast but that's for another pronto post.



I've increased the amount of brown sugar in the recipe and decreased the honey a little, as I'm not too keen on the taste of honey. I've tried many versions of Bircher muesli but this is the one I like the best.



The recipe is a Bill Granger recipe that I copied into the the back of my work diary a long time ago. I think I scribbled it down from one of his recipe books whilst browsing in a book store. I used to do that all the time before the magic of the internet.



Here's the recipe for you, from Bill's Sydney Food.

Fresh Bircher Muesli
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup apple juice
1 cup coarsely grated apple
½ cup natural yoghurt
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons honey

Place oats and apple juice in a bowl and soak for 1 hour, or overnight. Add grated apple, yoghurt & lemon juice to oat mixture & mix well. Spoon into serving bowls & top with fruit. Drizzle with honey.


Did you have a good day today? My day off from work was a busy one, but I managed to finish editing my shopshoot images from today's shoot so I had time to whip up a pronto post for you.

Have a great weekend and see you all again on Monday,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

1 comment

  1. Thanks so much for your comment. Yes baking, photography and blogging consumes one full day of my precious weekend. Glad to hear the effort is appreciated,

    Many thanks,

    J

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.