SLIDER

Peach and Raspberry Slice

I'm seriously out of order blogging this. I copied this recipe from Delicious magazine a few years ago and made it for the first time just before Easter. It took a bit of searching, but here is the recipe for you. It's a Bill Granger recipe and most of his recipes are failsafe.


The bottom layer is quite crunchy whilst the top layer is more cake like. It's very sweet though and others who have made this recipe suggest halving the sugar content. The slice was very well received at work by my test audience. I made the whole thing in the food processor so preparing the slice was a snap.


Peach and raspberry is a lovely combination. I used less milk in the mixture than was suggested and it was still a very moist cake.


The slice reminded me of the apple cake my Grandmother used to make for our Friday night dinners. I've hunted through my recipe box and I've managed to track the recipe down so when I get some time I'm going to make my Grandma's Apple Cake for you all. The slice was just begging to be served with a dollop of cream so that's what I did.


Peach and Raspberry slice 

185g (6.5 oz or 1.5 cups) plain (all purpose flour) 
1.5 teaspons baking powder, plus an extra 0.5 teaspoon extra 
125g (4.5oz) butter, chilled and diced 
115g (4oz or 0.5 cup) soft brown sugar 
115g (4oz or 0.5 cup) caster (superfine) sugar 
3 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced into wedges 
90g (3.25 oz or 0.75 cup) raspberries - fresh or frozen 
2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract 
1 egg, lightly beaten 
185ml (6fl oz or 0.75 cup) milk 

Preheat the oven to 180C (350F/Gas 4). 

Grease and line the base of a 20×30cm (8×12in) baking tray. 
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and then rub in the butter with your fingertips. Stir in both the sugars. Press half the mixture over the base of the tin. Lay the peaches over the top and sprinkle with raspberries.

Add the vanilla extract, extra baking powder, egg and milk to the rest of the base mixture and stir well - don’t worry too much about lumps. Pour evenly over the top of the peaches and raspberries and bake for 1 hour. Cool in the tray and then cut into squares to serve.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I'm off to watch the new season of Masterchef Australia - I love that show. I'll be back Wednesday with some photos from my latest shopshoot, so until then
Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.