SLIDER

Inspired Leftovers - Macadamia Caramel Tartlets

Last weekend I was battling through my freezer and decided to use some of the leftovers stored therein. I found some frozen almond pastry and chocolate pastry, frozen caramel filling and macadamias and set to work. I baked some little tart shells and immediately put the chocolate tart shells aside for another project. Check back on Valentine's Day for that one.

I decided to combine the macadamia nuts with the caramel filling inspired by a recipe I found in Delicious Magazine by Philip Johnson of e'cco fame. I've tried to track down the recipe but without any luck. It involved making a shortcrust pastry using macadamia nuts, a filling of caramel and a topping of roasted macadamia nuts.



This is what I came up with.



Unfortunately I only had enough filling for 6 tarts so I didn't get the chance to try my creation.




Here's what my critics had to say.



I was happy with that.

I'm going to be in Melbourne next weekend and thought I might try and squeeze in a shopshoot whilst I'm down there. Do you have any suggestions for me? Either leave a comment or send an email to info@jillianleiboff.com and I'll see what I can do.

I'll be back Wednesday with the last photos from my trip to Canberra, so until then,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.