SLIDER

Upside Down Pear and Ginger Cakes

A few weeks ago I decided to make a large upside down pear and ginger cake to take into work. I was editing a wedding at the same time so wasn't really paying full attention to my baking. I'd made this cake years before and didn't remember having any problems with the recipe.




When the cake was baked, I waited 30 minutes before turning it out to cool only to watch the cake break apart into about 4 separate pieces. I didn't have enough time to make another cake so I quickly returned the cake to the baking tin and hoped that time and loads of sticky brown sugar would hold the cake together. It didn't but my workmates are pretty forgiving and reported that although it didn't look too flash, it tasted pretty good. It was liked by all even those who don't normally like the taste of ginger.



As I hadn't been able to photograph the cake before it subsided I remade the recipe, this time in individual moulds. I halved the recipe and made 6 mini upside down pear cakes with the mixture.



There is something very appealling about the combination of ginger, hazelnuts, brown sugar and pears.

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.