SLIDER

Oven Baked Rhubarb and Strawberry Compote

How much do I like rhubarb? Let me count the ways. I grew up liking the taste of rhubarb. I remember the first time I tasted baked rhubarb when Mum cooked it with low calorie orange cordial using a recipe from the Weight Watcher's cookbook. Fast forward a few years when I lived in Edmonton, Canada. We used to go to Vi's Cafe across the street from my friend Sandi's condo for dessert. That was the first time I'd ever tasted chocolate pecan pie and rhubarb and strawberry pie. Yum!



I posted photos of my oven baked rhubarb a few months back but that was before I remembered how great rhubarb tastes with strawberries. I made a few adjustments to the recipe and now have oven baked rhubarb and strawberry with everything. 




I make it into a crumble with diced pear or apple; I used it to top those scones I made a few weeks back; I eat it for dessert topped with yoghurt and every morning it tops my breakfast of bircher muesli.



I'll be sad when rhubarb season is over but then I'll make my oven baked plums with pears and cinnamon which tastes almost as good!


Jillian



PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.