SLIDER

Queen Street, Woollahra

I used to live in Woollahra and I've always loved it's villagey feel. When I was studying photography, I would straight head to Queen Street for some inspiration. It has changed though. When I lived there, Queens Street consisted of local food shops, dress shops, a few cafes and antique and furniture shops. I haven't been to Queen Street for a few months now and in that time, the antique and furniture shops have almost disappeared and have been replaced by unique design and giftware shops and high end fashion boutiques.



I made a little pilgrimage to Queen Street on Saturday morning after the gym. I found a miraculous park, then walked past Jones the Grocer, where you can always find impossible to locate goodies. I was on my way to Amanda Garrett to say hello and to check out her always elegant bridal wear.



Amanda gave me my first wedding photography referral, for which I'll always be grateful.
 
I sauntered back along Queen Street checking out the beautiful shops for the beautiful people.



I wandered past bill's which was packed to the rafters. bill's is known for it's breakfasts but I prefer to go their for afternoon tea or dinner as bill's does great scones with jam.




Last stop was summers floral on the corner of Queen and Moncur Streets. summers floral is one of my favourite flower shops though I do tend to take more photos of flowers than purchases.






Jillian

2016 edit - Only Summers Florals is still open for business. Bills has relocated to Bondi and Amanda Garrett has relocated to Rome!
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.